Vacancy: Communications Officer
The Centre for Innovation, Leiden University is looking for a communications officer for maternity leave cover from May – September 2021 for 2-3 days per week. Work will be remote unless COVID University guidelines change, in which case you will be able to work from our offices in both The Hague and Leiden.
The communications officer contributes to the overall strategy of the Centre for Innovation’s communications as well as project specific communications. This role will be responsible for overseeing project communications, editorial oversight on the Centre’s many communications channels, review of strategic documents and outreach and engagement with stakeholders with those audiences in mind. You will work closely with our team to develop and promote content about our diverse range of projects, both with Leiden University and external partners. The ideal applicant will possess knowledge of community engagement and stakeholder management. You will work on communications from the ground up as we enact our communications strategy with a team of interdisciplinary researchers, designers and developers.
Who are you?
You’re a highly organised communications professional and a good communicator in both Dutch and English. You like to work with people, but also thrive independently. You set goals and have strong time and people management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the creation of project specific communications campaigns
- Support and review strategic communications within Leiden University and partners, including project proposals and reports, policy advice, presentations and other official documentation
- Coordinate a diverse range of projects and communications channels
- Maintain and grow networks with Leiden University staff
- Editorial management of both internal and external communications
- Oversee and contribute to content develop and growth over various platforms
- Manage and oversee internal staff involved communications or communications related activities
- Have 2-3 years experience in communications or a similar role
- Professional proficiency in English and Dutch
- Experience with digital content development and strategy execution
- Creative writer, able to build content, with a keen sense for aesthetics
- Excited to work in an international environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability think strategically
- Great team player, with passion, dedication and energy
- Experience working in higher education, and especially within Leiden University is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Work in innovation in a fast-paced and collaborative team;
- Work with a multidisciplinary team across a broad range of projects, from Extended Reality to online education and data analytics;
- Contribute communications strategy and big-picture brand integrity;
- This position is compensated according to the Collective labour agreement (CAO) of Dutch universities.
About the Centre for Innovation
The Centre for Innovation (CFI), Leiden University’s think- and do-tank, accelerates innovation in a number of sectors across the themes: Digital Solutions for Education, Learning Experiences, Lifelong Learning, and Data & AI for Social Impact. Our mission is to identify and explore transformative trends in the digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and our partners. We are a team of multidisciplinary experts, designers and developers with a vision to put people first in innovation.
If you wish to apply, contact Uli Botzojorns with a cover letter and CV: u.botzojorns(at)sea.leidenuniv.nl. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and selected applicants will be invited to interviews late March 2021.