Vacancy: Student Assistant, Content Developer
Leiden University Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC) is seeking a Student Assistant, Content Developer to support our communications department. The position is for 20 hours per week with flexible working days.
We’re looking for candidates who are both creative and analytical. As the Content Developer, you’re responsible for all content that is published online for our many audiences. You’ll also ensure that all our content is clear and consistent.
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re self-motivated with a genuine interest in researching, writing, editing, and publishing online content. You can easily manage your own time to set and meet deadlines. You adapt swiftly to changes, and love being part of a community. An interest in education – especially innovative education – is useful but not required.
- Content development: collect information from team members, our network and at events. Transform it into a variety of compelling content for our website, newsletter and social media channels.
- Idea generation: keep an eye on trends in higher education, especially in new technologies and methodologies, and generate ideas for new content types.
- Outreach and engagement: support our outreach and community engagement efforts, including events, especially to internal university stakeholders.
- Social media management: plan posts, communicate with followers, promote content.
- Branding: ensure all-round consistency across our communications (style, fonts, images, tone).
- Website maintenance: publish new content and update current pages.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, preferably also in Dutch.
- Excited to work in an international environment.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team.
- Able to develop different versions of the same content for different channels (e.g., website, social media, newsletters).
- Strong presentation skills, both online and in-person.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress)
- Work experience as a Content Developer, Content Designer, Copywriter, or similar role.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be a part of an innovative, enthusiastic and collaborative team of doers who deeply care about their work.
- Build valuable connections.
- Possibility to expand your responsibilities based on your skill set.
- Take part in the ideation process, brainstorming ideas and topics to dive into and write about.
- Pitch your ideas for community meetups.
If you are passionate about research, writing, editing, and being a part of a community working to support and innovation higher education, we encourage you to apply! Please send your resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com before Friday 18 November. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
This position is available for six months with possible extension and is compensated according to the collective labor agreement (CAO) of Dutch universities. Our Centre is currently based in Leiden and The Hague, and we work with a 50% remote working policy. Ideally you will be able to spend one day a week in the office, but with flexible timing as agreed upon with your supervisor.