Drive our Digital Output!
The Centre for Innovation is hiring student assistants and interns to join our communications team. This is a part time position is based in The Hague.
The Centre for Innovation at Leiden University is looking for a communications assistant for 4-6 months starting end of September or beginning of October 2019. Communications assistants are responsible for managing the communications of a portfolio of the CFI’s projects. You will work with a diverse team and will take the lead in creating and shaping the communications about these projects. This role will be responsible for contributing to website development projects, monitoring and posting on the CFI website and social networks and working closely with our team to develop and promote content about our diverse range of projects, both with Leiden University and external partners. The ideal applicant will possess knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. You will work on communications from the ground up as we develop our communications strategy with a team of interdisciplinary researchers, designers and developers. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an innovative, growing team are encouraged to apply.
Who are you?
You’re a highly organised BA or MA student of Leiden University, and a good communicator in English. You like to work with people and are able to work independently. You set goals and have strong time management skills. As this position is based in the Hague, being able to work from our Schouwburgstraat office is important. We are looking for a student who can allocate 16 hours (spread across the week) for a period of four to six months. Positions are paid hourly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the creation of digital communications campaigns
- Take the lead in our social media communications
- Coordinate a diverse range of projects and communications channels
- Work with professional Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and MailChimp accounts
- Grow and maintain networks in student and staff circles
- Support content develop and and growth for our website
- Have graduated (recently) with a university degree, or final academic year (to be eligible candidate must be enrolled at a university);
- Professional proficiency in English;
- Experience with social media content development and strategy execution;
- Creative writer, able to build content, with a keen sense for aesthetics;
- Being able to work in an international environment;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarise;
- Great team player, with passion, dedication and energy;
- Ability to work in the Netherlands and proof of enrolment in a Dutch health insurance plan.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in innovation in a fast-paced and collaborative team;
- Gain experience which strengthens your resume and helps you decide if the field is interesting for you;
- Collaborate on communications strategy and big-picture brand development;
- This position is compensated according to the Collective labour agreement (CAO) of Dutch universities.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will close the position when we have found the right person. If this is you and you wish to apply, contact Uli Botzojorns with an introductory email, writing sample and CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Centre for Innovation
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do-tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for Innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners. We are a group of interdisciplinary experts, designers and developers with a vision to put people first in innovation.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.