Change is happening faster than ever, and an increasing number of institutions within the public sector is looking for alternative, more dynamic and scalable solutions.
Organisations are now leaning towards agility to adapt to such rapidly changing environments: the old models are too rigid and agile organisations cannot be led in a Tayloristic, top-down hierarchical fashion. The transformation of bureaucratic institutions into a more transparent, accessible, responsive, adaptive, effective, efficient and accountable government has just begun.
The changing structures have an impact on leadership and culture.
What is the impact of agile transformations on leadership in our organisations today?
What are the right models for leadership in ecosystems of semi-autonomous teams?
Who should attend?
Higher management staff and civil servants.
13:00 – 13:15
Welcome and introduction by Dr. Christoph J. Stettina
13:15 – 13:35
Short improvisation play
13:40 – 14:00
Agile Leadership and the Public Sector by Prof. Dr. Sandra Groeneveld.
14:05 – 14:25
Mindful Leadership by Wibo Koole.
14:30 – 14:50
Agile Leadership in the Navy by Rob Bauer.
14:50 – 15:00
Coffee break and division into workshop groups
Parallel Workshop Tracks (15:00 – 17:00)
- Leadership with a big P – the role of purpose - Ben Kuipers (Leiden University)
- Dynamic Governance (Sociocracy) in Project Management - Douwe Brolsma
- Agile Transformations and Management, a mismatch? - Anne Plancius (CA Technologies)
- Aligned autonomy:When do you let go and when do you step in? - Marten Meij (Prowareness)
- True Agility: Working together, focussing on outcomes - Tjitske Visser and Roline Roos (PwC)
Drinks and Networking (17:00 – 19:00)
Leiden University - Schouwburgstraat 2, The Hague (restaurant / bar)
This event is organised in cooperation with PwC and CA Technologies.
About Agile for Excellence
The Agile for Excellence (AE) Lab supports organisations with methods for ideation, development and management of products and services. We do this through research, advice and education.