A realistic introduction to criminology – Student Expert Sessions
9 February 2021 17:00 - 18:00 Online (MS Teams)
Sign up to hear Lotte, a student expert, deliver her workshop on A Realistic Introduction to Criminology.
- What type of crimes are committed by what type of offenders?
- What people are most at risk of being victimised?
- Which punishments are suitable for what offenders?
- And most importantly: how does actual crime differ from crime shown in the media?
General information about the Student Expert Sessions programme:
The Student Expert Sessions – What would happen if students designed their own courses?
Three students have undergone a journey to design their own classes with support from our learning experience designers. In these sessions, our student experts deliver their final classes in a series of workshops on:
- Bridging the Mind-Body Gap
- A Realistic Introduction to Criminology
- Hangul in 1h: Read the Korean Alphabet
Between Monday 8 February–11 February, the Centre for Innovation will host the Student Expert Sessions. The students experts will demonstrate innovation in online education and course design.
During these sessions, students will share their knowledge and expertise on a topic of their choice. In each workshop, the expert will showcase what happens when a student teaches and how online education can look like.
At the Centre we think about how to innovate learning experience design. Lately, our learning experts have been coaching students in the design of an online class.
We’re looking for audience members to attend these workshops.
There are limited places for audience members.