We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our team!
At the Centre for Innovation we work together in a multidisciplinary environment to generate insights, project, partnerships and events to enhance education, research and society. As a data analyst, you will play a major role in developing, deploying and supporting CFI’s analytics capabilities in the areas of data driven applications. You will be tasked with solving varied problems over time.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work in an interdisciplinary team with technical, didactical, media and project management experts to analyse data and develop prototypes that enhance the learning experience for students, support teachers or have a social impact;
- Work on existing and propose new projects relating the broad theme of Data and AI to both education and potential external partners in areas including but not limited to the humanitarian, peace and justice sectors;
- Perform independent analyses of data and develop prototypes.The work can range from analytics related to data modeling and machine learning to creating dashboards and prototyping of innovative applications;
- Communicate results through concise reports and visualizations;
- Contribute to the open-source community, with considerable freedom to choose programming languages and tools of your liking;
- Support existing Centre technologies/libraries;
- Bring new project ideas to the team.
- BSc/MSc in AI or Data Science, Computer Science or related discipline/equivalent experience;
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in data analysis or related field;
- Experience with Java (preferable) or similar languages;
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python and R);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions;
- Excellent team player, and likes to work in a flexible and multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to translate needs of partners to concrete solutions;
- Good command of English in both writing and speaking;
- Curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm to improve your own skills and bring new ideas to the team.
Nice to have(s)
- Experience with databases;
- Statistical knowledge;
- Experience in backend development is an asset;
- Experience in visualization, interaction design development is an asset;
- Good command of Dutch in both writing and speaking.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from € 2790, – to € 4402, – gross per month (pay scale 10) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Josje Spierings, Project Manager, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Student and Educational Affairs (SEA) can be found at http://organisation.leiden.edu/student-education-affairs/
Information about Leiden University can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en
Please submit online your application no later than 27 October 2020.
Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a cv.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.